Thursday 6 February 2014

Getting My Health Back Update - Part 2


Rereading my last post and my experience with the Mirena coil, I realised that I do need to point out that this was my experience and that Mirena works brilliantly well for lots of women. It was just not right for me.

Since my 2012 wishes and plans I,

Stopped running - I pulled a muscle and then it was Winter and then I had no energy, and a whole load of other excuses!

Stopped trying to lose weight - hindsight is a great thing, how was I ever going to succeed reducing my calorie intake when my body craved energy and good real food?

Things finally turned a corner when I

                   Started honouring my own needs with self care and listened to my body

                   Started meditating and resting

                   Started reading and researching women's health

                   Started asking for help
               
                   Started taking good supplements

                   Stopped adding sugar to my drinks

                   Cut down my caffeine intake

                   Had surgery

                   Started walking and getting outside, enjoying nature and fresh air

Well that is the quick rundown.  It's been a long slow process. Slowing down has been the key.  Slowing enough to listen to what my body needs and allowing myself time and space to validate whether its a right choice or if it isn't not, not feeling guilty about making changes.

Looking back at the list even those things have changed.  Meditation has gone from laying down resting in quiet to a walking meditation.

The asking for help and researching women's health (Dr Christiane Northrup, Caroline Myss, Dr Sara Gottfried) and reading women's stories (Dr Clarissa Pinkola Estes) resulted in surgery. The best thing was that armed with my little knowledge I avoided an unnecessary full hysterectomy at 42 years old.

My surgery was a day procedure in October 2013.  A 90 second endometrial ablation for my menorrhagia.  It took me longer to recover from the general anaesthetic than the actual procedure.

http://www.drnorthrup.com/womenshealth/healthcenter/topic_details.php?topic_id=67

It was an instant improvement, my loss returned to normal and I don't have to take to my bed or wear black or add extra pads, or be within yards of a toilet anymore.

I've always loved essential oils and won a set of doTerra oils. I was hooked. I then took advantage of the fact that if I joined as an IPC, I could buy them for myself and my family at wholesale prices.

I was spending a fortune on supplements. I tried doTerra's Life Long Vitamin packs, which included vitamins, omega oils and a cellular complex.  This meant I was taking less tablets daily.

As we move into February and the days slowly begin to lengthen, I can now feel my energy returning further. I enjoy walking my dogs, getting out into the fields. Actually, I am now looking at the clock, I need to fit in an hours trek before collecting the little one from school.  We have a big night with him being invested as a Beaver.  Happy days.

Here's to a continuing increase in energy levels, happiness, joy and great health. x












No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated by me.

Negative mean spirited comments will not be published. Help nurture a positive safe space to visit. Spread the love xx

Pages